Sunday, May 26, 2013

Beer Soap

I made a batch of beer soap some time ago and was very put off by the smell. I decided to give it another try since I had purchased some alcoholic beverage fragrance oils. I helped myself to one of my husband's beers and there was no turning back. Unfortunately, despite adding a considerable amount of Oatmeal Stout fragrance oil, I still only smell the icky smell I remember from my first attempt. I will stick it out and see if perhaps it will become more pleasant as it cures. Here are pictures of today's soaps.

Blackberry Jam

Cucumber Cantaloupe

Watermelon

Chocolate Covered Strawberries

Oatmeal Stout Beer Soap

2 comments:

  1. How did you like Chocolate Covered Strawberries? I bought it recently and have been itching to soap it! I've made beer soap a few times, and that icky smell always fades away, kind of like when soaping with milk. I've heard a lot of rave reviews of the Oatmeal Stout fragrance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What stunning soaps -- the detail is incredible! I've found that the beer smell does tend to dissipate while the soap is curing, so don't give up hope yet! =)

    ReplyDelete