Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Shampoo Bar

I frequently use my cold process soap as a shampoo and love how soft it makes my hair. I made an actual shampoo bar once before but didn't see any difference in it and soap. I'm not sure what my expectations were. Regardless, I never made anymore. I recently came across a shampoo bar recipe which called for a significant amount of shea butter, so, I decided to give it a try, just for funzies.
The hot mixture was so creamy and smooth. Scented with a delightfully fresh fragrance called Cool Citrus Basil. No artificial colors were added. The natural off white shade is perfect and so pure looking. I put it in the fridge as soon as it was in the mold, to prevent gel and to expedite cooldown. Four hours later I was able to de-mold and very carefully slice. It was still quite soft.  I can't wait to try it!! That will be a while tho. Here is a picture.

                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment